Stellenbosch to Franschhoek
This unique E-Bike tour meanders through some of the best wine land scenery in South Africa. We cycle from Stellenbosch to Franschhoek. Meet local people and taste some of the great cuisine this region has to offer.
E-Bike Stellenbosch to Franschoek
• Start at 9:00 from our office in Stellenbosch
• Cycle mostly jeep tracks and mountain bike trails over the Helshoogte Pass, a route used by the first Dutch and French families who settled in the Olifantshoek valley in 1688. Later known as Franschhoek.
• Enjoy fantastic views and sites along the way.
• Learn about small mission stations and local people living in the Banghoek Valley.
• Get a chance to spot Eland and Blue Wildebeest as we cycle along multiple mountain streams in the Banhoek Conservancy.
• Enjoy lunch and wine on a Franschhoek Wine estate
• Have time to explore the beautiful town of Franschhoek.
• Transport back to Stellenbosch by vehicle
NB: Riders need to have intermediate mountain biking skills to do the tour and a general fitness level is required. Activity level 3/5
|Facilities:||Elevation: Approximately 867 m|
Road Conditions: Mostly jeep track and MTB trails, approximately 15 km of tar road
Ride duration: Approximately 4 hours
Please visit the website of the accommodation provider for a full list of the facilities offered.
|Route:||Distance: Approximately 40 km|
|Meals:||Lunch and wine tasting included|